Sunday, May 1, 2022

Locked in for the day

What a better time to complete a project, seeing that I have been sleeping on it for some time now. Today we have an "Ironman Event" on here from Port Macquarie to the Camden Haven, so our only road out of here is closed to traffic.

I only have one picture showing this fuel tank, so I have done what I thought it would have been like, and my space between the tracks was another thing which restricted me in it's size. In the picture there appears to have been a "Fuel Bowser" at the bottom of the tower for refueling the Diesel Locos, and seeing I had one in my leftover box, I decided to use it. Detail in the photo is not clear at all, and some is out of view. Just adds a bit of detail to a bare module.



What I have left is, if I need to add some detail to the fuel pipes, and then paint  it before sealing it into position. 

That's the advantage of doing abandoned Branch Lines, not too many can say whether it's right or wrong, especially when they didn't know the line, and if it's not on a blog, that's better still. 

You will notice there are no trains on the layout. I have packed them away so that they don't collect dust, because I haven't run them for some time.

Early in the week I was asked if I would replace the couplings on two locos for a friend. My wife was waiting to go shopping and I said this would only take ten minutes, and we could drop them off on the way. Ten minutes turned into an hour, my hands just got the shakes, and I couldn't hold the Kdee's together when I tried refitting them to the locos, but I did it. "So much for getting old".

Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment