Thursday, March 17, 2022

Another Project can RIP

Over the few wet weeks I decided to try and build the diesel fuel storage tank for Campbelltown Loco. Things didn't work out as I had anticipated. The stand which was going to be styrene ended up in brass wire. The tank is a water tank laid on it's side. Then I tried to do the hand rail around the platform, and this is where the frustration started. So I walked away from it all and what you see is where I'm up to.


Proposed Diesel storage tank

Another thought I had was to come off the Camden Branch Line just out of Campbelltown, rise up against the wall and run along the wall above the Camden Modules with Manangle above Narellan and on to Picton which would be above Camden. This would have allowed for the CPH and another small Branch Line train (possibly a 19 Class and a HCX or freight) to break the monotony. But again calculations squashed that idea, as the grade up to the Main Southern Line would be too steep. So at the moment I will just sleep on it.

2 comments:

  1. The prototype Camden branch line had a grade over 5% out of Campbelltown, which I think would be neat to operate, and add much interest with double heading, and even rear banking on the passenger specials, if you reconsider your plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. I would not double head or bank my trains because I operate DC via a cordless controller and my locos run at different speeds for the same throttle setting. Therefore one loco would end up with motor damage sooner or later. A bit of a bugger, but an extension I didn't plan on originally. Another reason why I left the grades off the layout.

      Delete