Saturday, July 1, 2023

Curiosity got to me


When my wife and I were at the Sydney Train Show last May, I asked Joe (Casula Hobbies) if the 19 class DCC locomotive would operate on DC control. Joe told me it would, if it wasn't turned off, but the sound might be a bit scratchy at low speed. So, I have been thinking about this since May, and this week I decided to "give it a go". The video will explain all. I was supprised that all the functions work, the direction lights, red and white depending which way it's going, the whistle (using the direction switch) brake squel and more.

With this setup I can now run all my rolling stock using the one controller. Some of the variations in this sound track are because the layout has not been used for 3 months, and I didn't think to clean the track before I started. At the end of the video there is a slight sound when I turn the power down, so this might be what Joe was referring to. It is not a problem or at all noticeable.                           

Enjoy, Cheers for now.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Rob,
      I know of modellers using DC and would love to have Sound etc without the expence of installing DCC. This prompted me to publish this blog.

      Delete