Saturday, December 31, 2022

Protection Required.

 Something I have been wanting to do for a long time. With visits from Friends, Neighbours and Family, not realising, that when they viewed the layout at close range, they are pressing up against the front edge of the layout and bending the "Push Pull" Point wires. I gave it a lot of thought, and decided the only protection I can do, is to put a collar around each point wire. 

A trip to my local Building Supplier, I was able to purchase an offcut of 40mm PVC tubing one meter long. This I cut on my Triton Saw into 17mm lengths to produce a collar to go over the point wires. This has taken a few days out of this week, one day cutting and cleaning off the rough edges, another two days painting and drying, and today gluing them onto the layout over the wires. Centering them was easy, I just  put my forefinger and thumb inside, grabbed the bead, and if I could move the bead then the collar was centred and I had clearence.

Collars in place on Cambelltown Module.

A double collar where points are close together.

The collars after painting ready for placing.
There were 2 doubles required as can be seen.

So I guess now it is sit back and wait until it has all set.
Cheers till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment