Saturday, November 12, 2022

Noise, noise and more noise

Last blog I mentiones I had an order I was waiting for. Well my wife and I packed our bags and headed off to personally pick this item up, and more, with an overnight stay at Armidale. Last week a friend and I spent a few days, installing the sound cards and speakers. We tried installing read switches in the track for the level crossing, but found the only locomotive that activated them was the 41 class. We tried installing magnets under the locomotivies but they were too low, and the magnets fouled at the points. So my only option was to install an on/off switch, same as we did for the sawmill and cattle, all at the controller operation point. I have done my best with the videos, being just me, to operate the sound and run trains together.

 
 

Hope you enjoy them, cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are coming along well
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it gets quite noisy at times. Fortunately I can turn them off.

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of the sawmill Jim! Well... maybe not after 9 o'clock at night I wouldn't! I'm working on the same idea for adding a band in my Pub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phillip, all available from Gwyder Valley Model's

      Delete