Thursday, November 18, 2021

Nepean River Crossing

 Leaving Elderslie the train negotiates a large sweeping right hand curve to cross the Nepean River. This river starts in the Southern Highlands passes through Menangle, Camden, Penrith and ends up at Yarramundi, where it becomes the Hawkesbury River all the way to the Ocean at Palm Beach. I have seen a movie taken using a drone. The drone was flown from the bridge, up stream for about a Kilometer then back to the Bridge, then down stream to a weir and back to the Bridge. This gave me a birds eye view of what the area may have been like along both sides of the river banks.










Nepean Bridge after a flood in the 1960's
Photo obtained from the Internet.
Photographer unknown.

There is not much I can say about this section, other than the pylons supporting the railway line, have now been used to widen the roadway across the bridge. If I think of something I can always add it in later.

One thing I must add before I start getting questions about it's progress, is that the "N" gauge layout has been sold.


2 comments:

  1. Like that bridge Jim, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before or after the flood, Phillip ?? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete